What do you get when you combine amazing filmmakers, Working Films' experienced outreach staff, a supportive contemporary arts facility, and a shared desire to use film to create social change?
The Content + Intent Documentary Institute, Working Films' Residency at MASS MoCA
For 5 days in March of 2009 Working Films will guide a select group of filmmakers as they create outreach plans for their film projects. Over the course of the workshop Working Films' staff together with invited experts in the field of community engagement will cover topics such as:
· Identifying and reaching out to community allies
· Developing support materials such as screening guides or activist toolkits
· Fundraising for outreach and community engagement
· Creating DVD extras as supplemental tools for social movements
· Using social networking and other online tools to increase the impact of films
The 2009 Content + Intent Documentary Institute will be held on the campus of the Massachusetts Museum of Contemporary Art (MASS MoCA) in North Adams, MA from March 11-15, 2009.
If you, or someone you know, would like to be one of the 8 participating filmmakers please check out all of the details in the attached press release, download our application, and return it to Anna Lee (alee [at] workingfilms.org) via email by January 28, 2009.
Interested in hearing what others have to say about the workshop? Filmmaker Sean Flynn shares his experience at last year’s residency on our blog.